Saturday, May 14, 2011

I need you to _____________ because ______________. Thank you!

Phrase taken from 'Asserting 101'. "I need you to __________________ because ________________. Thank you!"'

This week, our Weight Watchers meeting was about Success VS Sabotage and how we need to deal with our diet saboteurs. All week, I've tried to come up with a list of people who have not supported me through this journey of mine, and to be 100% honest, I can't think of anyone but myself.

40 pounds left and I'll be at my goal weight and this scares me. I'm just not sure why I'm feeling this way.

I hit a huge milestone yesterday. I "climbed" Jacob's Ladder (the machine from HELL!) for 45 minutes. I didn't think this was something I would be able to do. (I didn't even think I could stay on it for more than 10 minutes!) Right then, that ol' phrase came to mind. "I need you to ______________ because ___________. Thank you!"

Hmmmm. OK. What do I need to say to "Fat Crystal"? If I could write her a letter, it would go a little something like this:

Dear Fat Crystal,
     I need you to believe in yourself because you CAN do anything you set your mind and heart to. I need you to love yourself because you are an amazing woman of God from the inside out. I need you to forgive yourself because NO ONE is perfect, we all make mistakes. I need you to be happy because you have been so sad for such a long time. I need you to stop pushing people away and let them love you because face it, you need them in your life. I need you to let the woman inside of you shine because she will be so much happier. Thank you!

I know that respect and trust needs to be mentioned, but at this point of my life, I can't come up with a "because". I guess that's something I'll need to ponder this week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment