Monday, May 2, 2011

My Thoughts

Last Monday. Weight Watchers. There I sat. In the back of the room. Crying. Boo hoo hoo. Awe, poor little, errr, big, errr, little Crystal. Feeling defeated, lonely, lost, and helpless. Feeling that that feeling of "what's-the-point?-I-just-wanna-give-up" attitude.

Go ahead, laugh. I'm feeling this feeling all over a .8 GAIN. LAME, I know! But you've gotta understand, I've gained for 3 weeks in a row.

I've hit a major plateau in regards to my weight loss. Oh, sure. Loosing 150 pounds was hard, but loosing those LAST 40 pounds? Are you KIDDING me?!? I think those are even harder to lose!

I honestly wanted to walk out of Weight Watchers after weighing in, but something told me I needed to stay for the meeting. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my fearless leader, Adrian! She's AMAZING! But last Monday, nu-uh, I just wanted to sulk, be left alone. "Remember, awe, poor little, errr, big, errr, little Crystal. BOO HOO HOO!"

The Weight Watchers topic for last week was "Beating Boredom". However, the group I'M in (50 + Pounds) took it a step further. Adrian asked us four thought-provoking questions:
  
     *What brought you to your weight loss journey?
     *When was the last time you were excited about your weight loss journey, and why?
     *What do you do to stay excited about continuing your journey?
     *What is something that would give you that SPARK again?

I reached out to my FB B.A.B.E.S. (ahhh, yes, had to get that ol' plug in! :0) ) and had asked the same questions. WOW! Did I get some GREAT feedback! (Thank you ladies!)

The first question was pretty easy for me to answer. A no-brainer. A Uh-hello kind of response. "I WANT TO SEE MY KIDS GROW UP!" It was those three last questions. "When was the last time you were excited about your weight loss journey and why?" Uhhhhhhh....I don't know? "What do you do to stay excited about continuing your journey?" Uhhhhhh.....pffft.....again, I don't know? "What is something that would give you that SPARK again?" Ummmmmm.....how about a lighter up underneath my bootay and lightning it? I don't know!

As this week went by, my thoughts and feelings changed about my weight loss journey. I've become more focused, realizing certain people and situations have been holding me back.

Go ahead, ask me these questions again.
    
     *What brought you to your weight loss journey? My health. I am sick and tired of checking my blood sugar 4 to 5 times a day. I am sick and tired of injecting myself with insulin 3 times a day. I want to watch Serena and Norman grow up to be the person God wants them to be.
    
     *When was the last time you were excited about your weight loss journey, and why? The last time I was excited about my journey would have to be when I had something I was working towards. A goal.
   
     *What do you do to stay excited about continuing your journey? In all honestly, I think my B.A.B.E.S. have really helped me stay excited about continuing my journey. Knowing that we can encourage everyone really helps.
    
     *What is something that would give you that SPARK again? I think I need to go back to that question "When was the last time you were excited about your weight loss journey and why?" I had a goal, and I MET that particular goal. I need that SPARK again. It's time for a new goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment